Monday, June 25, 2012

A 12 year-old girl on the street in San Pablo City, Philippines

,
I and my friend named Budz went to a cafe last Sunday to hang out. We ordered couple of frappe, beer, and one nachos. In the middle of the night and while enjoying our blessings we met a 12 year-old girl named Karen (not her real name). She's asking for a money. I and Budz decided to give her a peace of nachos. The girl sat on the street very near to us. We noticed the girl is counting her money (alms). And Budz starting to ask her; "How much do you earn everyday?" "200php per day." She answered. I: "What are you doing with your money." Karen: "I gave it to my Tita." We: "What? Then, what your Tita doing with the money you alms?" Karen: "She saved it for my study." We: "Ahhh, really? are you sure she saved it for your study?" Karen: "Yes, I'm sure." We: "Okay, so how do you see your self when you grew up?" Karen: "A teacher" We: "Wow, that's great. So, what's your plan?" Karen: "I'll do my best to be a Teacher." End of conversation as she walk away. Anyway, after the conversation we decided to go home. On the street, we saw Karen again. She's lying down on the street. I was touched and thank God for giving me such a blessed life. I have my family, shelter, bed, education, and the like. But the most I've learned about her is how she program her self. She's full of confident even though she hasn't enough resources (obviously, I think) and the most attitude I like about her is not thinking of "how".

0 comments to “A 12 year-old girl on the street in San Pablo City, Philippines”

Post a Comment

 

Robert Osborne's Journey Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger